Image Map

Sunday, August 17, 2014

About Me

Well, hello there!

Welcome to my little blog. It's nothing special, really. Just a collection of my thoughts, hopes, dreams, and ideas.

Let's see, where to begin...

My name is Julia. I'm married to a pretty awesome guy named Adam.



We have no kids, unless you count these precious little furballs:

SONY DSC



d7bd78ad703dd0d02c5380b05488cfe6

Which I do.

Yes, I dress my dogs up in clothes. What? My husband would prefer I didn't, but how can you not appreciate this cuteness?!?

I work a perfectly regular 8-5 day job that pays the bills, and by night Adam and I are cake designer/decorators. It's my creative outlet, and though it does have the tendency to drive me batty, I love it.
                      DSC01187

I LOVE to read. Like seriously, I am ALWAYS reading something. Sometimes two or three somethings at once. Even if it's a book I've read 5 times already. I mainly read Christian Romance, Historical Fiction, and Chick Lit, with a little Suspense thrown in.

                        fe5a9880f899c47cf29e2860030d3ff1

I love music. Who doesn't right? I pretty much can listen to any genre, I love it all. Pop, Country, Alternative, Hip Hop, R&B, (some) Rap, Rock...Except maybe the stuff where they scream the entire time. That's where I draw the line. Basically Pandora is my best friend.  Adam has certainly expanded my musical horizons since I met him. Can you even believe I had never heard of Chris Cornell, Incubus, or Foo Fighters before he introduced me to them?! I was pretty sheltered growing up, but I'm cool with that.

Shopping. Real original, I know. But shopping has to be one of the best things ever. One of my favorite things to do on a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon is grab a coffee and head to the nearest store (Target, Old Navy, Ross, etc.) and just immerse myself in aisles of clothes and shoes and pretty things. Shopping and reading are the ways I unwind and relax.

8ae4382c934b6014c7a49e21768849c9

I'm one of those Christians, which to me just means I've been given the greatest gift I could ever know, God's mercy and love. I love Jesus and strive to be more like Him and love people the way He does. I fail, but that's why I'm so grateful for grace. His grace has been with me through every moment of my life, from the "best day ever" kind of times, to the "darkness and despair" times. To me grace has many meanings, including His ability and willingness to turn bad into good, ugly into beautiful, old into new, broken into whole. My mess into His glory.
he_has_made_everything_beautiful_bible_verse_poster-r127bf914f86e4c16a1fae8bb426dda8d_wvk_8byvr_512

Anyway, that's the basics of me. I look forward to venturing into this bloggy thing, I'm not sure how good I'll be at it, but I'm willing to give it a shot! Here goes!

3 comments:

  1. Love your "babies." I have five of them! Enjoyed reading and God Bless, SR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, five! That's awesome! Thank you so much for reading and for my very first comment! :) God Bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm the same way, I grab a coffee and just go spend the day shopping. Typically, I don't come home with too much, but it's fun to see what's new.
    flawed-and-broken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!