Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Goals

Ok. I've been a major slacker the past few months and something has GOT to give! So I'm jumping on board with setting some goals for November:



1. Work out three days a week. I had gotten in the routine of 5-7 days a week, so surely I can handle 3 days a week!

2. Incorporate more fruits and veggies back into my diet. I felt SO much better when I was getting several servings of fruit and veggies a day. Why did I stop? 

3. Finish planning the Christmas Party- this is pretty much a non-negotiable since the party is December 6th. 

4. Read at least 3 new books. This really should not be difficult for me, I can go through a book (or more) a week, easy. 

5. Limit our eating out to twice a week. We had been doing really well with this and then life has gotten crazy and I haven't been planning out shopping and meals as well, which leads to no plan and grabbing whatever we can find. 

6. Improve my running time to 9 minutes per mile. This is not a huge improvement from where I'm at now, but I know better than to make too lofty of a goal. Baby steps!

7. Get some Christmas shopping done. I like having some shopping to do after Thanksgiving and during the month of December, but I definitely want to get some of it knocked out this month! 

8. Try out the freezer meal thing for at least one week. I have wanted to try this for a loooong time and just never done it. Anyone have some good recipes for freezer meals they would like to share? 

Ok, I think that's all I want to tackle this month! Let's do it! 


Thoughts for Thursday
 
 
Hodgespodges

12 comments:

  1. Love your goals and they are so attainable!! You're going to rock them!! We set a rule for ourselves that we eat out for dinner once a week and then for lunch once a week (usually the weekends for both) and that's been working for us LOL! Well mostly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 minute mile! DANG WOMAN! Good luck! When I first started running i was averaging about 14 mins per mile (I know, embarrassing--but I wasn't a runner!) Now I'm around 10:30 and I'm happy with that hah! I'm sure I'll work on speed in a while, but for now I'm working on increasing distance past 3 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear about your freezer meal experience after you try it. It is something I wouldn't mind looking in to. I love your list! You have a lot of great stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! I can totally relate to the mile time one - I'm not a fast runner myself. Slow and steady wins the race! Keep at it!

    Xo,
    Taylor
    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yes, I am definitely the slow and steady type! But I'm just happy that I actually enjoy running now, I used to HATE it!

      Delete
  5. Those are great, attainable goals! I did a massive freezer cooking experiment last year and I haven't done it since. I should try again, though, because some days I don't want to cook but going out is expensive and a big pain. I have some resources pinned; Pinterest is actually great for this kind of stuff.

    I need to get back into working out. I was doing 5 days a week and now I can't bring myself to do any. It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I totally need to copy some! I make our dinner in big batches and then use freezer bags and tupperware to freeze the leftovers. I separate them into portions and label them by date made and what's inside. It works for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goal posts and you have some great goals! I really need to read more myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! I haven't tried the freezer bag meals but have always wanted to...I am intrigued by them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating out is my guilty pleasure. I hate that it's such a bad habit.

    I'm not a huge fan of freezer meals. I find that they always taste "blah" to me. Instead what I do is stock of my freezer full of different Trader Joe meals. That way I can just put it into an oven or saute real quick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to get some soup stored up in the freezer this weekend..it's a common fall goal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 20 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!