Image Map

Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Goals

Ok. I've been a major slacker the past few months and something has GOT to give! So I'm jumping on board with setting some goals for November:



1. Work out three days a week. I had gotten in the routine of 5-7 days a week, so surely I can handle 3 days a week!

2. Incorporate more fruits and veggies back into my diet. I felt SO much better when I was getting several servings of fruit and veggies a day. Why did I stop? 

3. Finish planning the Christmas Party- this is pretty much a non-negotiable since the party is December 6th. 

4. Read at least 3 new books. This really should not be difficult for me, I can go through a book (or more) a week, easy. 

5. Limit our eating out to twice a week. We had been doing really well with this and then life has gotten crazy and I haven't been planning out shopping and meals as well, which leads to no plan and grabbing whatever we can find. 

6. Improve my running time to 9 minutes per mile. This is not a huge improvement from where I'm at now, but I know better than to make too lofty of a goal. Baby steps!

7. Get some Christmas shopping done. I like having some shopping to do after Thanksgiving and during the month of December, but I definitely want to get some of it knocked out this month! 

8. Try out the freezer meal thing for at least one week. I have wanted to try this for a loooong time and just never done it. Anyone have some good recipes for freezer meals they would like to share? 

Ok, I think that's all I want to tackle this month! Let's do it! 


Thoughts for Thursday
 
 
Hodgespodges

11 comments:

  1. Love your goals and they are so attainable!! You're going to rock them!! We set a rule for ourselves that we eat out for dinner once a week and then for lunch once a week (usually the weekends for both) and that's been working for us LOL! Well mostly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 minute mile! DANG WOMAN! Good luck! When I first started running i was averaging about 14 mins per mile (I know, embarrassing--but I wasn't a runner!) Now I'm around 10:30 and I'm happy with that hah! I'm sure I'll work on speed in a while, but for now I'm working on increasing distance past 3 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear about your freezer meal experience after you try it. It is something I wouldn't mind looking in to. I love your list! You have a lot of great stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! I can totally relate to the mile time one - I'm not a fast runner myself. Slow and steady wins the race! Keep at it!

    Xo,
    Taylor
    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yes, I am definitely the slow and steady type! But I'm just happy that I actually enjoy running now, I used to HATE it!

      Delete
  5. Those are great, attainable goals! I did a massive freezer cooking experiment last year and I haven't done it since. I should try again, though, because some days I don't want to cook but going out is expensive and a big pain. I have some resources pinned; Pinterest is actually great for this kind of stuff.

    I need to get back into working out. I was doing 5 days a week and now I can't bring myself to do any. It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I totally need to copy some! I make our dinner in big batches and then use freezer bags and tupperware to freeze the leftovers. I separate them into portions and label them by date made and what's inside. It works for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goal posts and you have some great goals! I really need to read more myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! I haven't tried the freezer bag meals but have always wanted to...I am intrigued by them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating out is my guilty pleasure. I hate that it's such a bad habit.

    I'm not a huge fan of freezer meals. I find that they always taste "blah" to me. Instead what I do is stock of my freezer full of different Trader Joe meals. That way I can just put it into an oven or saute real quick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to get some soup stored up in the freezer this weekend..it's a common fall goal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!