1. Shopping- It's like my very own national pastime. The problem is the lack of limitless funds with which to shop. Retail therapy, y'all. It's a real thing.
2. Dogs- This is all thanks to my husband. Growing up I always had cats and didn't really like dogs (I KNOW. The stupidity of youth). But Adam grew up with dogs and loved them. Then we got married and got this fella on our one year anniversary:
And well, just look at him. How could you not fall in love with that face? It was all over after that, and we proceeded to get two more dogs:
Dogs just get me, you know? They love unconditionally and there's nothing like pup snuggles when you're feeling down!
3. Chocolate- Chocolate anything. Chocolate everything. I once met someone who said they didn't like chocolate. I don't get it. I mean:
4. Coffee- Coffee anything. Coffee everything. Sound familiar? I seriously could drink coffee all day if it weren't for the caffeine jitters, and the fact that I would weigh 300 pounds because I like all the fattening coffee drinks like lattes, frappuccinos, and iced coffee with sugar and cream and all the goodness.
5. Books- Books are my escape. They are my adventure. I love immersing myself in a good story and feeling all the feels with the characters, having my perspective on things change and expand.
6. Blankets- I am ALWAYS cold. Like always. So I have to be curled up with a blanket as much as possible. I can't seem to get enough of them, my husband is always like STAHP buying blankets. But I can't stop (won't stop). We literally have blankets for the dogs and blankets that are just for me and the dogs are not allowed to touch. (Because they like to chew and slobber all over them, which gets them all gross and full of holes) They are special. And so am I.
7. Baking- Baking is my other therapy (besides shopping). There's just something comforting about it, I love finding a yummy new recipe or going back to an old favorite and losing myself in the process of mixing, shaping dough, tasting, and the homey smells that come from the oven.
8. Jane Austen- I absolutely love everything to do with Jane Austen, all of her books and the movie adaptations. I have seen at least 7-8 versions of Pride and Prejudice and several versions of her others, like Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, and Emma. I can read/watch Jane Austen over and over and never get tired of the stories. I think she was absolutely brilliant and her writing is timeless.
9. The Blue Ridge Mountains- The mountains are a place of complete peace and relaxation to me. I have such good memories of vacations in the mountains growing up, and it continues to be my favorite place in the world.
10. This guy- He's a keeper.
1. This is weirdly specific, but headphones that won't stay in your ears when you run. I usually feel like I'm going to keel over for the majority of the time when I'm running, so I NEED music to help me focus. When my headphones keep falling out and breaking my focus it makes me stabby and I come really close to chucking them and my phone across the pavement. #RAGE
2. Mornings- I am NOT, nor do I think I will ever be, a morning person. I have tried, believe me. But I don't think I will ever be someone who just bounces out of bed ready to start the day.
3. Flaky people- It irks me like non-other when people can't commit to something, or they say they'll be there and then bail at the last minute.
4. This phenomenon:
5. All manner of creepy crawly things. Here in Florida we have the distinction of being roaches' favorite place to live, also we have palmetto bugs. They are huge and they fly. #shudder
6. People that cut you off on the road and then they get all huffy and mad at you because you didn't slam on your brakes to let them in. I mean, really? Was I supposed to read your mind? There's this thing called a turn signal, it's a marvelous invention.
7. Bad grammar. I mean we all make the occasional mistake but some people pretty much refuse to learn the correct way. There is no excuse for using "I seen" in any sentence. Ever.
8. Being late- It doesn't usually bother me much for other people to be late, but I hate to be late myself. If I'm not at least 5 minutes early, I'm late. Yes, I'm neurotic.
9. Getting interrupted- I guess it goes back to feeling overlooked a lot growing up because I was so quiet and shy, but I hate when I'm trying to say something and people keep interrupting me or they start looking at something else or talking to someone else right in the middle of my sentence. I mean really? Rude!
10. Grapefruit- It literally makes me gag (And yes, I am using literally correctly there). I even got the pink grapefruit which is supposed to be sweeter and less sour. LIES. It was foul and I could not even get it down. Never ever again. #Feelingqueasyjustthinkingaboutit
(If I tag you but you've already done this, no worries!)
2. Ashley of A Cute Angle
3. Amanda of Amanda Moments
4. Meagan of Beautiful Things
5. Sarah of Coffee and Glitter
6. Emelia of Dream Big and Buy the Shoes
7. Lauren of Genuinely Lauren
8. Joey of Hodges Podges
9. Heather of My Little HEA
10. Laura of Life With Lolo
And all y'all!