Image Map

Monday, April 6, 2015

I'm Back!

Well hiya! I missed y'all! Last week was actually really nice though, I thoroughly enjoyed my time "unplugged". How was everyone else's week? I feel so out of the loop!

I did a lot of reading and finished The Husband's Secret and OMG SO SO GOOD. The epilogue. I won't give any spoilers but suffice it to say mind. blown.




This weekend was really nice as well. We go to our church's Thursday night service, so our Easter service was Thursday night instead of Sunday morning.



Then Friday at work was actually pretty nice because things were pretty slow and low-key. Adam dropped our fur babies off at the vet Friday morning so they could get caught up on all of their shots and check-ups and heartworm/flea meds and HOLY WOW it was a small fortune! Don't have three dogs unless you want to spend a buttload of money every time you go to the vet.

Then when we got home from dinner that evening we opened the garage door and heard a loud POP. This is not a good sound. Turns out one of the cables on the side of the door had slipped off the track and the door got stuck. Adam worked SO hard to get it fixed and he did fix it, he got the cables back on the track and retightened the springs, and he got it to go up and down a few times! But as he was finishing up and tightening one of the big springs in the middle it broke in half.

So now we have to pay to have someone fix it.

I guess when it rains it pours, huh?

On Saturday we had plans for Easter dinner at a friend's house, so I spent the morning baking and decorating a Carrot Cake to take.


Dinner was wonderful and we had a great time with our friends! 

Adam said he made this face because "The Easter Bunny Cometh" 
AMAZING Lemon Meringue Pie made by friends
All the yummy goodness
The inside of the cake! 
Our selfie

Sunday looked mostly like a whole lot of this: 



It is most definitely way past time for me to really get back on track with my eating plan, so I planned out my entire week, every meal including snacks. That seems to be the best way to keep me on track. So today is a fresh start, and I am so ready! 



How was your Easter weekend? 



still being molly

Bella And The City

21 comments:

  1. What a great week/weekend! I'm with you--sometimes it's just totally necessary to be completely unplugged! I loved the husband's secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad you're back!!! That cake is adorable!! And your hubby's face for the Easter Bunny!! Love it!! And it's super expensive with one dog, so I can only imagine what it's like with three!! Glad you had a nice unplugged week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back girl!!! I love your meal plan for the week and love that you have some leftovers that make it to lunch the next day - that never happens in my house lol!!! I read half of the husbands secret and then couldn't finish - maybe I should keep trying!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Husband's Secret. Have you read her other books? I've read all of them but two (which I have but just haven't read yet). I really enjoy her writing. If you haven't read Big Little Lies yet, you will be even more shocked by that ending.HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady, you are sooooo talented. That cake looks amazing and I bet it tastes fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you liked the husband's secret! love the meal planning, i need to do that. and omg that Lemon Meringue Pie looks SO GOOD. i love lemon meringue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to be unplugged sometimes! That cake looks beyond delicious! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake is so cute! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake decorating skills continue to amaze me.

    The Husband's Secret is in my to-read list. I'm looking forward to it.

    Glad you enjoyed your break but it's nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello there! Your cake is absolutely amazing!!!! Why can I not have that talent?!?!?! The Husband's Secret has been on my to read list forever, I just keep getting thrift store books that take over haha! I need to get on it. Glad you enjoyed your week off, but you were missed! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you enjoyed your time away and unplugged! It really makes a difference, doesn't it? Love your meal plan! Best of luck with it, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love carrot cake! That cake is amazing!! Very well decorated :)

    I need to get back to reading my books that I only half read and put it down again lol. I will have to check this book out for sure. It's one of the books I constantly see people raving about it so I'm glad that you approve!

    Missed you girl! I kinda took a mini break too, there was too much happening and I didn't feel like blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you made that cake?! It came out so pretty and professional looking. Your Easter meal looks delish and I need to get on board with planning out my weekly meals to. I like the template that you use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED the Husband's secret! It was amazing! That easter cake is too cute! I hope you had a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT CAKE...girl you have so much talent! Your meal plan is on point too, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh, I know what is costs for one dog, can't image three! Sorry about the garage door, we had the same problem last year! It's not cheap. Love the cake. You do amazing work. Thanks for linking up with me on Monday!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just bought The Husband's Secret! I haven't had a chance to read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, dogs get SO expensive! My sister has two dogs and dropped around 700 dollars for their yearly check ups. YIKES. They're lucky they're so cute!! Also, your meal plan looks DELICIOUS!

    xoxo,bailey
    www.baileyinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like the perfect holiday weekend! And I keep hearing amazing things about that book, time to download it on my kindle :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great weekend! The Husband's Secret was a really good book I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes I can't comment on the phone so I am going through and rereading on the laptop. I'm such a dweeb :-)
    I love that selfie with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!