You'll just have to trust me on these because there is no photographic evidence. Thankfully. Ok, well maybe there is but I'll never tell.
1. Very baggy/boxy shirts- I just need things that define my waist. And as much as I love the trend of really flowy voluminous shirts on other girls, anytime I try it I just look like I'm wearing a trash bag. When I do try this I always end up belting it and it kind of defeats the whole purpose. Plus they usually come to just above or right at my hips and that does not do me any favors.
2. Peplum- This one is BAD. But hope springs eternal and I just keep trying it on, thinking this time it will be different. It's so not. But it looks so cute on the hanger. I have decided that anything that adds volume to the hip area is a very bad idea on me.
I am so jealous of how fabulous she looks in this shirt. This is how I always imagine myself looking in peplum and then something goes horribly wrong.
3. 1/4 sleeves- I don't even know if that's the right name for it, but basically any shirt or sweater with sleeves that come about halfway between my shoulder and my elbow. It cuts my arm off at the biggest part and just makes them look super wide.
4. Bermuda shorts- Pretty much the same issue as the 1/4 sleeves. They hit my leg at a weird spot and cut me off and just...no.
5. High-waisted shorts- I'm talking the reeaaally high waisted ones- a la Kelly Kapowski- that are back in style now. They pretty much make my hips look twice as wide, and that's not good for anyone.
What about you? Can you rock these looks? What trends do you stay away from?