I don't know about you, but this month is shaping up to be a busy one! Between shopping, baking, parties, and that thing called a job, I'm not going to have a lot of down time for the next few weeks! Especially since my boss doesn't seem to agree with my plan to take the entire month of December off.
During really busy times, and especially during the holidays, I turn to essentials that make my life easier or just offer a respite from the craziness! When Man Crates asked me to come up with a Holiday Survival Kit, I immediately thought of several things I must have to get through the season with a smile!
1. Peppermint Mocha- All the yummy seasonal drinks are my favorite, and there's nothing I love more than sipping a hot beverage (preferably containing caffeine) as I shop, work, wrap presents, bake, and party!
2. Retail Me Not app- I can't tell you how many times I've had coupons for a particular store and left them at home, and there's nothing worse than knowing you could have saved money, but instead you're paying full price! UGH! Retail Me Not to the rescue! This app will quickly show you what stores are near you and what kind of deals or coupons they have available, so as long as you have your phone, no more missing out on great deals!
3. Pandora- Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit quicker than Christmas music! Pandora is perfect for playing Christmas music, both at home and in the car! I love how I can choose a general Christmas music station or get more specific, like Mariah Carey Holiday or Michael Buble.
4. Christmas movies- After running around like crazy all day, the best way to unwind is to make some hot cocoa and pop in one of my favorite Christmas movies! I love them all from the old classics like "White Christmas" to the new classics like "Elf".
5. Quick and easy gift ideas- the folks at Man Crates know how hard it is to shop and buy gifts for men. Guys try to act like we're all hard to shop for but seriously, get us something shiny or pretty or chocolate, right?? But what does a guy want? Which is why they came up with this incredibly easy and awesome solution! I mean what guy wouldn't want to get a box full of manly stuff that he has to open with a crowbar?? You can even opt to have them wrap it in duct tape, which I think is high on the list of things guys love. I think Adam would love this Zombie Survival Crate:
I mean look at that knife!
They basically do all the work for you, all you have to do is choose whichever theme your guy would like best, order it, and presto! Easy and awesome gift!
What would be in your Holiday Survival Kit?