Happy New Year to all! So I was going to do a resolutions post yesterday, and then that didn't happen and I was going to do it today, and then it still didn't happen, so it will probably be Tuesday now (because Mondays are for weekend recapping, duh). Does anyone else feel like the whole "It's a new year, start everything fresh" thing shouldn't start until January 5th this year? I mean, yeah yesterday was the start of the new year, but it's the weekend now! And even though I'm at work I still feel like I'm on a break from everything until Monday.
So let's see, 5 things for Friday... (Why yes, I am writing this right before I hit publish, how did you know?)
1. I am definitely moving forward with changing my blog design! Super excited to get something a little more fun and personalized. I'm not sure exactly when it will all be ready and go live, but one day you will come to this space and it will look all different and pretty, so yay!
2. We only got to watch one football game yesterday, because network contracts are lame and they had the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl on ESPN, which we don't get since we don't have cable. Plus the Gator game is on ESPN tomorrow too. If I can just get through the next few days without signing a 2 year cable contract just to watch football I will be golden, because college football season is literally the ONLY time I miss having cable.
3. We're going to St. Augustine tonight, I'm so excited! We're going for dinner with friends and afterwards we'll probably just walk around and enjoy the sights. It should be less crazy than I'm sure it was on NYE. Growing up in Jacksonville I've only been to St. Augustine approximately a million times in my life, but I still enjoy it. It's just such a neat place and it's like a little mini getaway.
4. It's January 2nd and I can still fit in my skinny jeans! I count that a success after a holiday season of being surrounded by food galore. Not to say I didn't indulge (Because, oh, I did), but I was able to keep it under control enough to not gain too much and now I am ready to start fresh with healthy eating and exercise and reach my next fitness goal!
5. I signed up for Birchbox last week and my first box should be getting here soon! I'm ridiculously excited about it, something about the mystery of not knowing what I'm going to get but knowing it will be beauty and skincare goodies makes it so exciting! I figure for $10 a month it's a great, cheap little splurge that will be so much fun to get every month!
Well, that's about it for today, sorry this post is sort of thrown together. Next week I will be all prepared and eloquent and awesome. Or something. Cheers to the New Year and cheers to the weekend!