2. I'm having a serious vacation hangover this week. Like, it's bad! And I don't even drink alcohol! Although I did eat A LOT of carbs last week...maybe it's a massive carb coma. I'm just feeling so out of it and my mind is elsewhere. I'll probably snap out of it about the time the weekend rolls around again, so that's convenient.
3. We have a wedding cake to do this weekend and there is nothing I would like to do less right now. My heart's just not in the cake business these days. We've pretty much stopped taking jobs and are just finishing up the jobs we already had scheduled. It's kind of sad because it used to be a passion of mine, but I got SO burned out. I think I just need a break from it and maybe someday I will want to do it again.
4. We FINALLY got a Trader Joe's here!!! And all I want to do is go buy everything, but I'm kind of afraid to for my wallet's sake. But Amanda posted about the pumpkin cornbread croutons so now I have to. Also, THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE:
|Butter that is made of cookies?! This can only be good.|
5. The radio station I listen to in the mornings is doing their pledge drive thing this week so I've pretty much tuned out until next week. I know that probably makes me a bad person but they play about a quarter of the music they usually play, and instead of their usual morning banter which is fun, they are talking about pledges the whole time and it gets old real fast! I mean I get that they need support and I do appreciate them but I can only take so much of that!
6. I LOVE decorating for Fall but I still haven't really done anything decorating-wise to the house. Since we just got back from vacation AND our house it's kind of a disaster right now (we're still in the process of organizing and going through all of the stuff from our cake shop that we closed last year, but that's a story for another day), so it's hard to be motivated to decorate when everything is everywhere. It's kind of like being in the middle of a move to a new place, except we're not and we just have a ton of crap with not enough to space to fit it in.
7. I made a Facebook page for the blog a couple of weeks ago, pretty much just so I could link to it on that sidebar thingy I made (Thanks to Sarah at VTIM for her fabulous tutorial on that!!) and have done absolutely NOTHING with it. I should really post something or...something.
8. Last week in the hotel room after we got back from the parks we watched episode after episode of this show called Forensic Files which is one of those crime story shows where they show you what happened and how they figured it out and all that. Those shows are seriously addictive to me, and I'm not sure why but it's a little scary how much I like them.
9. We also watched Mean Girls and though I've seen it probably a jillion times (yes, a JILLION 'cause that's a real number) I laughed just as hard as the first time I saw it. That movie never gets old.
10. Wow, I always start these posts thinking "What am I going to confess about this week, I've got nothing because I'm pretty boring" and then I end up with a pretty long list of stuff (which let's face it, is still pretty boring I'm sure). It's like therapy.
You should link up with us, 'cause it's the cool thing to do.