Image Map

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Random Thoughts: Again!

I wasn't going to write today but then all of these random thoughts kept popping up in my head, and I know it's just SO crucial for everyone to hear my random thoughts right?? You're welcome.

+ I reserved like 5 Kindle books with my local library, plus I just downloaded two other books to read because I thought it would be a while before I got the ones I reserved. Well, 2 of the reserved ones became available in the last two days so now I have "Where'd You Go Bernadette" and "The Husband's Secret" and I have 12 days to read them before they disappear from my Kindle. It's go time.



+ I have a nagging sinus headache today and all I want to do is sleep, but instead I am here at work. Yay.

+ I heard on the radio this morning that they're saying this year is going to be really bad for allergies. Which is just so awesome to hear when you already have a sinus headache.



+ It's been SO dreary here the past couple of days, and the rest of this week is supposed to be more of the same. I start to get really antsy when I haven't seen the sun much. Hence why I live in The Sunshine State. Get it together, Florida.

+ Dry shampoo is my new best friend. The end.


+ I have a lot of great blog post ideas (Well at least I think they're great) but I seem to lack in the actual execution of said blog posts. I'm thinking I may need to take a week off from blogging to work on blogging. 'Cause that makes sense.

+ I've really been in a baking mood which is weird, considering I did those cupcakes this past weekend. But I want to bake something for fun, something bright and sunny like Lemon cake with Lemon Curd and Whipped Blueberry Filling. Or something decadent like Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Fudge Icing. Does anyone want to come eat this stuff so I don't?



+ This had me geeking out yesterday. Adam and I have been watching the original X-Files on Amazon Prime, (I didn't actually watch it when it was on TV so I haven't seen the whole series, we're on Season 4 right now) and I had heard rumors of a reboot but seriously never thought it would really happen.


(Yes, I like the X-Files. Judge away)

+ Ok, now I'm trying to come up with a thought to add here and I'm drawing a blank, so I guess I'm out of random thoughts for the day. Peace.

20 comments:

  1. The same thing happens to me when I reserve multiple books. GAH!!! Hope you get your reading time.

    I'd love to try your lemon recipe, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergies in FL were the worst!! I actually haven't had bad reactions since moving out of state LOL...the only positive thing! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both "Where'd You Go Bernadette" and "The Husband's Secret" are on my to read list. I need to get down with the library! And I am not happy about this allergy news. This does not bode well for me seeing as how my allergies are already terrible. Spring why must you hate me?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are your baked goods shippable to Philadelphia? Because in that case, I'm in! Also just realized I commented on your weekend update post and told you to have a great Monday....I have completely forgotten that it is already Tuesday. Looks like it's going to be one of those weeks!

    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I get a bunch of books and I have limited time to read them.. Ok, I kinda love it. 'sorry can't do anything this weekend, have to read a bunch!'. i'm already hating allergies and it's not even april, womp womp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How crazy was that rain yesterday? It was like the Heavens opened up on the drive into work. Not a great way to start out Monday right?? Dry shampoo is my savior. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just hopped on the dry shampoo trend -- it took me forever to find one that I liked! Also, I volunteer to eat all those baked goodies you want to make. And hecks yeah to the X-Files! I watched it with my dad when I was younger -- may have to revisit that series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking a week off from blogging to work on blogging sounds like a great idea. Insert smiley face here. Seriously, we miss when you don't post but we're just so happy when you come back that we forgive you anyway so do what works for you.
    And yes, if I was in your area, I'd come eat the bakings. Going to the gym means eating all the things I want ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That allergies one is too funny! My poor fiance has horrible allergies in the spring and I always feel so bad asking him to spend time outside with me!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. in georgia we consider it a light pollen day when anywhere else in the country would be all "HAZARD DANGEROUS POLLEN COUNT KEEP CHILDREN + ELDERLY INSIDE" so I feel you. I'm preemptively taking Zyrtec to try to beat them to the punch..................... also feel free to send baked treats my way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like EVERY year they're like "Gonna be awful for the allergy sufferers!" I have them too, so I feel your pain. Zyrtec all day, every day in Spring time! ;) I rarely bake because I know I'll eat it all haha, but I did make some tasty banana bread over the weekend and didn't regret that one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dry Shampoo (and filling in my eyebrows AND moisturizer base to my concealer) has changed my entire beauty routine! so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That allergy meme is SO true though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my god you are going to love The Husbands Secret!!! I want to read it again I loved it so much. And I'm super jealous that you have your library - my library card expired and I don't know what to do with myself anymore :'(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I love all of these and totally can understand the allergy one! My allergies freak out at the beginning of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read the Where'd You Go Bernadette? so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that. I was TOTALLY in your place with the posts and the execution. I had about 3 in the draft stages and couldn't find the words to finish them. This past Sunday I don't know what hit me, but I finished one..then two...then next thing I knew I had NINE posts scheduled. When the creative juices come back, I DRINK THEM, haha. It will come to you...don't worry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I baked a ton of cookies on Sunday just because. I think allergies are going to kill us this year. sigh. A trick for the kindle--download the library books then turn your wifi off. Don't turn it back on until you finish the books ;) They'll stay there until you turn your wifi back on (and the universe sucks them away)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What dry shampoo are you using? I'm trying to find a new one that I enjoy! Ahh allergies, I heard that this year was going to be horrible too when there was still snow on the ground. I refused to believe it until I feel it. I hate allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE that you share the funnies!!! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a lot of great post ideas too but its the time to execute them! I think this weekend Im actually for once going to sit and plan some posts out. I usually write posts the night before! Hope your headache eased up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!