Good Monday to you all! This weekend was wonderful for me but not too exciting to share. It pretty much consisted of a lot of planning, cleaning, binge-watching, working out, and eating.
Friday night we had dinner with friends and then went to Target to look at placemats for the kitchen table. I'm wanting to do four different but coordinating patterns like I did for Christmas, so trying to decide which four patterns will work best together. Looking at ones like these, in blues and greys:
I didn't get them yet, but hopefully soon. We also may have gotten some ice cream to eat while we binge-watched X-Files, because Friday night and we are party animals.
Saturday morning we slept in, ran some errands and then had lunch at Al's Pizza. We spent the afternoon and evening relaxing and I did some planning for our trip in April to this gorgeous place:
And worked on our budget. I also did double workouts on Saturday because I had missed Thursday night's workout, and this face is all I have to say about that:
I can't remember a time when my muscles were more fatigued. Like, my muscles were shaking and by the end of the second workout I could barely get through the moves and I was pretty much yelling at the screen like "Burpees with a shuffle in between?? Are you NUTS??"
Sunday morning Adam went out to the RC field and I cleaned the whole house which was glorious and then Adam came home and we found this on Hulu Plus:
And binge-watched some more. Dinner was Cruiser's, where I was good and ate chicken instead of the cheeseburger and fries I wanted to eat, so that's something.
I also did a little planning for my gallery wall. I'm trying to figure out how much I can use of what I already have and what I'm going to have to buy to complete it.
And that was my weekend! Told you it was not too thrilling. But it totally accomplished the goal of relaxing, so works for me!
And now for a review of how I did in January on my 2015 goals:
1. Continue cultivating a healthy lifestyle of nutritious food, regular exercise, and good rest- I'm giving myself a solid C+ on this one this month. Once again I started out the month strong but struggled a little a couple weeks in. I did lose 3 pounds in the first week of the month (I know some of that was water weight though) but I hit a plateau after that. But then I just sat down and kind of reevaluated my plan and what I was doing and reworked a few things, and this last week or so I have felt a lot more confident in what I'm doing going forward and been a lot more consistent.
2. Connect more with my family and friends OUTSIDE of social media- I did pretty well with this! Adam and I had our monthly day together on Valentine's Day, and we were able to get together with friends for dinner a few times.
3. Send more snail mail- I sent my aunt a "Just thinking of you" card and she loved it! I also participated in the Valentine's Goodies Swap which was SO much fun! I want to work on sending more mail though, at least two or three things a month going forward.
4. Grow my blog- My new design was launched this month, thanks to the lovely Sarah of Social and Chic! I also started utilizing Pinterest and pinning some of my posts that I felt were "pinnable," connecting with more bloggers, and looking more into advertising through sponsorship of other blogs. I have decided one of my goals is to have at least one post a week that I feel is "pinnable," something that is useful to others, like a recipe or sharing good products.
5. Read at least 50 new (or new to me) books this year- I didn't read as many books this month as I did last month, but I did alright. I actually need to go back and count because I haven't been keeping track, but I think I only read about 3 books this month, much less than last month. Definitely going to try to pick up the pace in March.
That's it for me! How was your weekend?