Image Map

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award



Thanks so much to the lovely Kasey for nominating me! If you haven't read her blog yet, what is wrong with you?? No just kidding, but seriously get over there and read 'cause she is hilarious! 

What is the weirdest question you've ever been asked in an interview (job or otherwise, it can't be this question)? 

Oh gosh, this is a hard one! Ummmm...I'm pretty sure I got asked the "what kind of animal would you be and why?" question at an interview once, which I know is actually fairly common but I always thought it was weird because like what do they expect you to say exactly? "I would be a dog because they are cute and cuddly?" Doesn't seem like something you want to tell a potential employer but IDK. 

If you could only read one book for the rest of ever, what book would you pick?


There are so many books I love and could read over and over, but I'm going to have to go with The Shack- such an amazing book, it totally rocked my world and made me think about God and life and all of it from a different perspective. Plus I've read it a few times and every time I do I get something more or different out of it. 

What is your favorite ever summer memory? 

Oh wow. SO many. But one that sticks out in my mind at the moment is the summer my BFF and I were about 18 and one day we were hanging out at her house and we were like "You know what we haven't done in FOREVER?? The Slip n' Slide!" So we proceeded to drag it out and lay it across a very hard, very tree root infested part of the ground, took a running leap and flung ourselves down on it. We soon learned that it's a lot more fun when you're little and don't have as far to fall to the ground. We were in so much pain but laughing hysterically. 

Describe yourself using only song titles. (I know that's not a question, just, okay? just be cool. just once.)

SIGH, OK! I'll be cool, once. ;) Hmmm....Brown-Eyed Girl, Too Shy, Your Grace is Enough

If you had $1,000,000 but had to spend it all in one week, what would you do with it?

Oooo, one week? That's tough! First I would give to our church, then pay of ALL of our debt (hallelujah that would be awesome!), then put a huge chunk of it in investments and savings, then I would probably buy us a new car and maybe some fun stuff!

What is your favorite holiday (religious, birthday, or otherwise) + why? 

Gotta go with Christmas on this one. I love Thanksgiving too, but with Christmas I have so many happy memories of Christmas as a kid and how special my parents made it for me. Even when we didn't have a lot of money to spend on presents they made it really special and memorable. 

What is one interesting thing that people who read your blog probably don't know about you? 

I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was about 25 years old. Yes, that would be twenty and five. 

Who is your biggest role model + why?

My daddy. Cliche I know, but true. He was seriously the most selfless, loving, genuine, and devoted person I've ever met. 

Who's attending that imaginary dinner party people always ask about? 

Hmm, well how many can I invite? I've seen some of these say 5 people, others 10, others 8. We'll say 5, because my brain already hurts from thinking about these questions. ;) 

1. Mother Teresa
2. Dave Grohl
3. Jane Austen
4. Paul (As in the one in the Bible)
5. Abraham Lincoln

What is your favorite cocktail?

Umm, I don't drink alcohol because I can't stand the taste *womp womp*- but I did try a drink of Adam's one time that was delicious (mainly because there was so much other stuff in it that I couldn't taste the alcohol). It was called a Captain America (at Planet Hollywood) and I think it had a lot of fruity stuff and some rum? Or something. 

Phew I made it! I nominate: 

Taylor at A Cup of Tay
Meagan at All The Joys
Meagan at Beautiful Things
Lauren at Genuinely Lauren
Joey at Hodges Podges
Jana at Jana Says
Kristen at See You In A Porridge

And All Y'all! 

And your questions are: 

1. What is your all-time favorite vacation spot and why? 
2. Who do you most admire? 
3. If you had to choose somewhere else in the world to live other than the U.S., where would it be? 
4. Who is your favorite author and why? 
5. What is your dream job? 
6. And now for the heavy hitter: What is your favorite flavor of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream? 
7. Describe your perfect day off. 
8. What is your favorite season? 
9. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones? 
10. If you had to listen to one genre of music forevermore, what would it be? 

This is kind of confess-y, so I'm linking up with Melissa for Hump-Day Confessions! 

Making Melissa


Hump Day Happenings

18 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! You didn't learn to ride a bike til you were 25? How did you get through childhood? We rode our bikes EVERYWHERE!! My friend and I did something similar with the slip n slides when we were 16 and you're right..OUCH! haha! Thanks for nominating me sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to meet Mother Teresa too...and I loved how you answered the bike thing, yes, Twenty and Five...haha. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Slip n' Slide story...M and I are always getting into crazy situations together, and that sounds like something we would definitely do! There's nothing better than fun BFF times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so the fact that you didn't learn to ride until 25 gives me hope...I still don't know how to ride a bike - SIGH!! Loved this girl! xo, biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. so random but the lady next to me on the bus yesterday was reading The Shack. and i remember glancing down at it. and then coming here and reading that it's one of your favorite books... weird! universe is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember teaching my sister to ride a bike when she was like 2 or 3 during the Summer, good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh!! I got the animal question too!! LIKE WHY?!?! Do you want the truth, or do you want me to say something like tiger? I love the slip n slide story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TWENTY FIVE?! damn girl. my aunt didn't learn to ride a bike OR SWIM until that age + she grew up on an island.... so don't feel bad. sometimes with the animal question I'm tempted to be like "oh you know, a sloth, because they're cute + they get to sleep whenever they want to."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say that I am shocked to hear that you didn't learn to ride a bike until you were 25 but to be honest....I still dont know how to swim and I am 31. I mean, I understand what you are supposed to do I am just terrified of going under water. Just no. So you wont find this chica hanging out in an ocean or a lake...or any pool deeper than 5 feet. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun post!!! can't believe you were asked that in an interview :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh thanks for the nomination girlfran ;)
    i have totally been asked that as well! so weird, why is that an interview question?!
    25?! haha I thought I was bad, I was like 9 and my 8 year old brother taught me! everyone made fun of me because my younger brother knew and I didn't, so he got fed up with me and taught me. without training wheels i might add!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband didn't learn to ride a bike either until he was about 27 by our neighbor. His dad tried teaching him when he was younger and had zero patience hence him never learning lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned to ride a bike as a child but forgot!! That saying "it's like riding a bike" is a lie! So I'm right there with you lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this post! P.S. - your dinner party invitees are PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That first question, about what kind of animal you'd be and why, I'd be dumbstruck if I were asked that in an interview. That's really weird. And I'm trying to answer it right now and the only thing popping into my mind is "jellyfish" but I'm not sure why. "Because they're cool-looking and can sting people" seems like a bad reason.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg yayyyyy so excited to be nominated! Looking at my ed calendar right now and deciding when I'll answer...I'll make sure to let you know! I also loved reading yours - I had to laugh about the Slip and Slide thing!

    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved this post! Did they really ask you what kind of animal you would be? Ive never been stumped in an interview but that one right there would have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dave Grohl! YES! He's my musical hero and I think it would be fascinating to just chat with him about so many things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :) I'd love to hear from you!

I respond to every comment through email, so if you don't get a response make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!